Widgets Add Functionality
“Widgets,” or plugins, help give your Ready Made pages added functionality. Simply log in to your administrative panel, click on “Appearance” > “Widgets,” and drag the widgets you want to use into your “Sidebar” panel.
Widgets available to you include:
- Breadcrumb NavXT: helps a visitor to your site find their way around. It is especially helpful if you have many sub-pages.
- Exclude Pages from Navigation: provides a checkbox on the editing page which you can check to exclude pages from the primary navigation.
- Expanding Text: allows you to define areas of text that expand/collapse when clicked.
- Hierarchical Pages: displays your menu (pages) as an expanding list. This is an ideal plugin if you have lots of sub-pages.
- Contact Form 7: helps you add a form to your Faculty web site that will allow people to contact you. It will lessen the amount of spam you would get if you simply put your email address on your website.
Adding Photos and Documents
You can add pictures, documents and slideshows to your Read Made Website. You will be able to upload any file less than 6MB. Accepted file extentions are:
- jpg peg png gif mp3 mov avi wmv midi mid pdf ppt pps rtf doc docx
Do you have suggestions for us about the functionality, the design, or the files we support on the Ready Made Websites? Contact us to let us know your thoughts.