QUALITATIVE RESEARCH DESIGNS
Collection and Analysis of
Extensive Narrative Data
Like the Descriptive Research Design, qualitative
designs usually do not have identifiable independent
and dependent variables.
Unlike the Descriptive Research Design
the emphasis is on Non-numerical data.
In contrast to quantitative designs:
Broad Categories of Qualitative Research:
Primary Data Collection Techniques:
Primary Concerns Related to Data
From Qualitative Studies:
Primary Data Validation Technique
Roots of Qualitative Design are:
The Good News
1. extensive, potentially useful data
2. insights not available with quantitative designs
3. rich source of hypotheses
The Bad News
1. results are difficult to analyze
2. generalization is uncertain
You really can't learn how to do a qualitative study
with just this general course.